French braided messy bun is great hairstyle which you can wear in any occasion, work, going out or a formal festival, like a prom. A regular french braid begin at the front and slightly loosen on the top to make it wider and more romantic. Pull the bun at the back make this french braided topknot looks beautiful and great for the warm season. Don’t be frightened by its complicated look, follow the steps if you want to make one for yourself, it is easy to achieve actually.
Follow these steps to achieve the French Braid into Messy Bun:
- Step 1 Take a 2 inch section of hair right at the parting and divide it into three pieces;
- Step 2 Weave a french braid by crossing the back piece over the middle then the front piece over the middle;
- Step 3 Crossing the back piece over the middle piece and pick up a larger section of hair to join in the french braiding;
- Step 4 Crossing the front piece over the middle, bringing in another larger section of hair;
- Step 5 Keep braiding until the french braid reaches to the left ear then tie the braid with a clear elastic;
- Step 6 Pulling the rest of the hair together into a low ponytail and tie it with elastic;
- Step 7 Wrap the ponytail into a loop bun along with the french braid and then secure it with pins.
- Step 8 Gently loosen the french braid by pulling on the braided portion and finish with some hairspray.
The French braid bun looks subtle yet sophisticated, glamorous. This delicate braid bun is ultra-easy since the bun and wrap around braid attach securely with a hidden pins. For more unique personality, you can pair it with some little flowers or jeweled hair accessories, even Hair Extensions to make it look more stunning. I hope you guys like this hairstyle! Let me know what you think about this french braided messy bun!